The healthiest addiction known to man - traveling! Traveling can be an adventure, relaxing for your mind and fulfilling for your soul, especially if you are traveling to a place like New York City! But it can also be cruel to your skin.
New York is one of the world’s greatest cities, with dynamism and history that is unmatched. But that doesn’t stop it from being tough on the environment, something that is synonymous with urban centres. Air pollution from all the vehicles and industries, greasy (but delicious food) and germs that just come from being around so many people can be detrimental for your skin.
The changing weather and atmosphere, pollution of urban lifestyle, irregular skin care routine and travel-stress can harm your skin. But, you need not to worry. You can always set up an easy and quick travel skin care routine. All it takes is a little preparation before you hop on a plane!
Here are some minimal travel skin care hacks for you the next time you make your way to New York- or any busy city for that matter!
• Carry facial wipes and/or towelettes. You can make reusable DIY facial wipes at home too!
• Keep a facial mist to spritz on your face when you are on the go to keep your skin moisturized and hydrated. There is so much to do in NYC, and so your skin will require occasional boosts of hydration.
• Keep your favorite cleansing cream or face wash to rid your skin of pollution and dirt. It is one of the most important skin care products you need at all times. You might want to carry an antipollution cleansing cream, especially if you are traveling to urban cities like New York. Here’s how you can avoid skin pollution.
• Don’t forget your moisturizer and sunscreen. Moisturizers keep the skin hydrated and prevent breakouts, and sunscreens protect skin from sunburn and damage from harsh sun rays. Pro tip: Before boarding the plane, apply moisturizer because air inside the plane can dry your skin. My go-to moisturizer is Natura’s Chronos line.
• Skip makeup if you can as it causes breakouts because of the changing weather. Let your skin breathe and use a tinted moisturizer instead. I like Origin’s tinted moisturizer for this purpose.
• Do not compromise on your sleep. Yes; it’s the city that never sleeps but it’s important to get enough sleep to be able to happily fit in all the city has to offer. Not getting enough sleep can give you puffy eyes, dull skin, and a tired look- not to mention it compromises the immune system. Sleep well if you want to look great in your vacation pictures and have a great time!
New York city has its perks with diversity and richness in culture. There is so much to do and so many places to be, that you might not remember taking care of your skin. Do yourself a favor, and follow these easy skin care tips so that when you return from your vacation, you don’t have any regrets!