Authentic Fried Platanos Recipe
(AKA Fried Plantains)
Prep time 2 min, cooking 10 min
- 2-3 Platanos (very ripe, skin is darker)
- 1/2 Cup Oil (for frying)
- Peel plantains, while laying plantain on its side horizontally, cut at a 45 degree angle. This will create a larger area for the plantain to fry evenly on.
- Put half of a cup of oil in pan and heat to 365 degrees.
- Place plantains in pan and cook until golden brown on each side.
- OPTIONAL- Place fried plantains on a rack to cool, you don’t have to use a paper towel (use a rack if available). Plantains that are this ripe will inevitably be very sweet and delicious.
- Sprinkle some sugar on top (remember when I just said they were sweet enough, well, we would still always add a sprinkle of sugar!)