March 22, 2015 | By: Sarah
Strange Food Sunday
Mercer's Wine Ice Cream
This week we tried Mercer's Wine Ice Cream and boy was it delicious! They make eight flavors; Riesling, Spice, Port, Red Raspberry Chardonnay, Chocolate Cabernet, Strawberry Sparkling, Cherry Merlot, and Peach White Zinfandel.
Out of the three flavors we tried, each of us had a different favorite. So I would recommend going with whichever flavor you're drawn to.
Fun Fact's About Mercer's Wine Ice Cream
- The ice cream is an average 5% alcohol.
- They believe in keeping production local, so they source almost all of their ingredients in New York.
- The idea was thought of at an wine event where wine was poured on ice cream.
- The hardest part of creating the product was freezing it and keeping the alcohol content.
- You have to be 21 to eat it or purchase it.
- To find a store near you that sell's Mercer's Wine Ice Cream, enter your zipcode here.