Sip & swirl down the Hudson with wine & cheese expert, Wendy Crispell
Key points about this tour:
- 2 hours (Friday evenings) OR 2.75 Hours (Saturday afternoons)
- See all major lower Manhattan sites at Sunset while enjoying 5 wine and cheese pairings!
(World One, Financial District, Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, and the Brooklyn Bridge)
- Hosted by wine & cheese expert, Wendy Crispell
- Each event has a special theme or region covered (see themes listed in detailed activity descriptions online)
- Offered aboard Manhattan or Manhattan II (1920s inspired yachts)
- Includes a complimentary beer, wine or Champagne from the bar
- Seating available in climate controlled cabin or on the outer deck
- No narration about the sites - Popular for date night, 'ladies' night' or 'after-work drinks'
- Also great for a leisurely Saturday afternoon activity
(This activity is scheduled on alternating Fridays at Sunset for 2 hours and on alternating Saturday afternoons for 2.75 hours. The Saturday afternoon events circumnavigate the entire island)
Join us for our new series celebrating the wonderfully diverse and ever-changing world of wine!
Each week we will focus on a different region exploring the grapes, styles, soils, viticulture, and tasting techniques that will help you enjoy your wine! These interactive tastings will be conducted by our wine professional Wendy Crispell in a fun, relaxed atmosphere aboard the beautiful yacht Manhattan or Manhattan II. This season's tastings will feature a number of different artisan & farmstead cheeses selected each week to complement the wines of the day. In addition, a selection of dried fruit, nuts and breads will be served to highlight each pairing.
Highlights, topics and themes of the tour include:
- Taste five different wines from a specific region in the world
- Artisan cheese matched with the wines of the evening
- Learn the basics of tasting in a fun, informative setting
- Find out what makes each wine different and unique
- Discuss major styles, grape varieties, regions, trends and more
- Don't miss this opportunity to swirl, sniff, and taste your way down the Hudson. Relax in our beautifully enclosed solarium for this educational event as we cruise around Manhattan in style.
- January 14th & 28th - Wine Cheese & Chocolate
- February 11th - Deep Reds and Chocolate
- March 10th & 24th - Irish Cheese & Wines
- April 7th & 8th - New World Vs. Old World
- April 21st & 22nd - Organic, Biodynamic and Natural
- May 12th & 13th - Natural Women Wine Makers!
- May 26th & 27th - SpringTime: White, Red & Rose perfect for picnics
- June 9th & 10th - Summer Wines, bubbly Reds, refreshing whites and wine cocktails
- June 23rd & 24th - France without fear; Part I
- July 7th & 8th - France without fear; Part II
- July 21st & 22nd - Greece
- August 11th & 12th - Italy; Part I
- August 25th & 26th - Italy; Part II
- Sept 8th & 9th - Chile and Argentina
- Sept 22nd & 23rd - Portugal
- Oct 6th & 7th - Oktoberfest
- Oct 20th & 21st - Spain and the Iberian Peninsula
- Nov 3rd & 4th - Celebrate Harvest
If you are looking for a Wine Tasting during the Holiday Season please check out our Holiday Wine Tasting schedule.